Terms and conditions
About these terms and conditions
- Access to and use of https://histon-scouts.org.uk/ (the website) both within the UK and internationally is provided by The 1st Histon Scout Group. These terms apply to your use of the website and shall take effect immediately from your first use of the website and thereafter. Please note, in order to use the website you must agree to be bound by all the terms provided (Please note, if you do not agree to be bound all the terms herein, 1st Histon Scout Group does not permit you to access, use and/or contribute to the website).
- 1st Histon Scout Group may change these terms from time to time and so you should check these on a regular basis. Your continued use of the website will be deemed acceptance of any updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should cease using the website. If there is any conflict between these terms and specific local terms appearing elsewhere on the website then the latter shall prevail in relation to the matter to which it specifically relates.
Use of the website and the community rules
- You agree to use the website only for lawful purposes and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of the website. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within the website.
- All copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on the website and all content (including all applications) located on the website shall remain vested in 1st Histon Scout Group or its licensors (which includes other users).
- You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use website content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use or non-commercial use directly related to Scouting within the UK. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any website content except for your own personal use. Any other use of the website content requires the prior written permission of 1st Histon Scout Group.
- The names, images and logos identifying 1st Histon Scout Group, The Scout Association or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of 1st Histon Scout Group and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any trade mark, design right or copyright of 1st Histon Scout Group or any other third party.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
- The website content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to 1st Histon Scout Group, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided ‘AS IS’ and on an ‘AS AVAILABLE’ basis. To the extent permitted by law, 1st Histon Scout Group excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. 1st Histon Scout Group does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by 1st Histon Scout Group is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of 1st Histon Scout Group for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- You agree to indemnify 1st Histon Scout Group and/or 1st Histon Scout Group’s officers, immediately on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of these terms and conditions by you or any other liabilities arising out of your use of the website.
- Nothing in these terms limits or excludes 1st Histon Scout Group’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its proven negligence. Subject to the previous sentence, 1st Histon Scout Group shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- loss of data;
- loss of revenue or anticipated profits;
- loss of business;
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of goodwill or injury to reputation;
- losses suffered by third parties; or
- any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of https://histon-scouts.org.uk/ regardless of the form of action.
- 1st Histon Scout Group does not warrant that functions available on the website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the website or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- If any of these Terms and Conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these terms are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction in which that term is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- The failure or delay of 1st Histon Scout Group to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive 1st Histon Scout Group’s right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
The sites privacy statement can be seen here